LOCAL CARE TEAM COORDINATOR
Local Management Board of Allegany County, Inc.
Position: Local Care Team Coordinator
Hours: Full-time Regular
Location: Cumberland, Maryland
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
The Local Care Team Coordinator will serve as staff support to the Local Care Team (LCT) and will participate on designated Statewide committees, as appropriate. Duties will include, but are not limited to, understanding and conveying the responsibilities of the LCT, meeting coordination, data management, outreach, and administrative support, including maintaining a knowledge of community resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide administrative support to the Local Care Team by:
- Receiving referrals from parents, family members or agencies seeking assistance with accessing services;
- Scheduling Local Care Team meetings for children and families referred including:
- Scheduling non-emergency meetings (including providing 10-day notice to parents and attorneys); and as needed scheduling emergency meetings including immediate notice to parents and attorneys for the children which include member agencies, service providers, families and other supports identified by families;
- maintaining a professional environment
- Formalizing plans of care for community-based services identified through the LCT process
- Maintaining detailed notes from each case discussion and track attendance at Local Care Team meetings;
Ensuring each youth’s plan of care has been addressed by;
- Tracking the execution of plans of care created during LCT meetings and providing Interagency case coordination for community-based services to children with intensive needs;
- Developing and providing training and technical assistance to local agencies, community partners, and the public about what the Local Care Team is and what it provides;
- Communicating with the care management entity, local core service agencies (including local behavioral health administration), provider networks, Local Management Board, and other local care teams in surrounding jurisdictions regarding individual and community needs and in identifying and sharing resource development needs
Support LCT Participating Partners in:
- Diverting children and youth from preventable out-of-home placements;
- Returning or diverting children and youth from out-of-State placements;
- Addressing requests for a Voluntary Placement Agreement for a child with a developmental disability or a mental illness under Family Law Article §5-525 of the Annotated Code of Maryland by providing alternate resources;
- Report to the Interagency Placement Committee on required performance measures and resource needs identified by the Local Care Team;
- Maintain the Aunt Bertha – Path to Help partnership to fulfill the state’s requirement to maintain a directory (such as, but not limited to Maryland 2-1-1) of all community-based resources in the jurisdiction;
- Maintain, analyze and produce written reports from various data systems:
- Develop policies and procedures as required by the Local Care Team and/or the Interagency Placement Committee;
- Work collaboratively with diverse groups of individuals; to meet the needs of children and their families;
- Maintain a current roster of LCT members, including names and contact information.
- All other duties as assigned related to the functioning of Local Care Team and the LMB.
- Experience with child placement systems, a clinical and/or special education background, with a Master’s degree in a related field preferred;
- Knowledge of medical/psychological/ human service terminology and case management responsibilities;
- Knowledge of community resources for children and families;
- Demonstrated high-quality writing, editing, and proofreading skills and
- Professional judgment demonstrated through a work and education history that supports the ability to multi-task and meet demanding assignments under tight deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you very much for your interest.
The Local Management Board of Allegany County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.